Sunday, May 2

In dialogue.

LS = Little Sister
ME = me, who else?
context: in regards to my grandpa's newly claimed citizenship.

----

LS: but yeah, i feel like an ingrate judy

ME: why an ingrate?
why would you say that?

LS: just..comparing my life and what i call hardships to what the grandparents had to go through

ME: do your best and that's all you can do.
they did their best and in turn, you do your best
dont feel like you are an ingrate unless you are not striving for the best in your best ability

LS: i just feel stupid for not even knowing them that well
that it's hard for me to talk to them

ME: don't feel stupid for not knowing them. in that case, loving them and knowing that they had hardships and acknowledging that part of their life is enough.
if it's hard for you to talk to them, spend time with them. presence, even in silence, is sometimes more important than actual words. doing is more important than talking.
besides, love transcends words
so don't feel like an ingrate
it's a time for celebration

LS: okay

ME: does it make you feel less an ingrate?

LS: a little
=]

ME: don't think too much
treat them well with the time you are given
and do your best in life.
that is how they know you appreciate their life

LS: once my time isn't strapped to school and all my exams coming up
jump starting viet will be one of my top priorities during the summer

ME: i'm glad! i really hope you follow through with that, my love!

LS: i hope so too

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home